In 2010, the beautiful nature regatta course in Brandenburg an der Havel, celebrated its 40th anniversary. After the European Canoe Championships in 2009, 5 million Euros were invested once again in the development of the unique nature regatta course. Here is an overview of the Regatta Course's features and the national and international competitions.
- 15.09.1967: Start of construction with the goal to build a race track that meets the requirements of international championships.
- From 1970: DKSV carries out the Great Brandenburg International Canoe Regatta on an annual basis
- 09.-13.08.1972: European Women Rowing Championships with 21 teams
- 08.-11.08.1985: 1st Junior World Rowing Championships with 30 teams
- After 1990: Decision at local and national level, to restore the traditional nature Regatta Course and to step by step develop it into a venue for international championships
- 1994 / 1995: Modification and renovation of referee tower
- 1999 / 2000: Modification first gallery
- 2001 / 2002: Modification second gallery and roof
- 2003 / 2011: Extensive renovation of the complete site e.g. referee tower, functional building, showers and restrooms were adapted to the needs of the disabled
Features of the Regatta Course Brandenburg
- Internationally recognized racing technology, including: Olympic standard time measuring device by Swiss-Time
- Latest technology inside the "old" new finish tower, with 170 sqm of floor space
- Jetties and buildings adapted to the needs of the disabled
- Fiber-optic wiring throughout the grounds of the race track
- High-Speed Internet
- 64 sqm video wall
- TV in the catering area and on the paddock with "Regatta Live TV"
- Large catering area on the paddock
- 14,000 sqm for the preparation of the athletes and boat set up
- Automatic starting system
- Partially roofed galleries