Early 2015 we published these articles about the merger between ACA and USACK:
- American Canoe Association and USA Canoe/Kayak form a new partnership (by Aaron Mann)
- USA Canoe/Kayak and the American Canoe Association - Insight into the history (by Chris Hipgrave)
January 15th (2016) USACK's President Bob Lally in a 'merger update':
While the ultimate scope of this collaborative exploration between USA C/K and the ACA remains to be seen, we are confident that any result will involve a greatly enhanced relationship with the ACA that will ultimately benefit the competitive and recreational paddlers in the United States.
Yesterday - two weeks later - ACA released the following news:
28-01-2016, News Release ACA
The USACK Board of Directors has decided to end the partnership with the ACA and no longer utilize the administrative services offered to it by the ACA.
Consequently, the ACA staff will no longer be providing Membership, Database, Insurance, Website or Financial services to USACK.
Although the ACA is saddened by this decision by the USACK Board, we wish the organization well.
On behalf of the ACA membership, Board of Directors, and staff, we wish all of the coaches, volunteers and athletes training and competing for spots in the upcoming Rio Olympics and Paralympics all the best and fast lines!
- 29-01: Word on the street is that some board members will resign and the merger might go through.
- 30-01: Open letter Bill Endicott: “Merging USACK with ACA and doing it now is our best hope”
- 01-02: USACK and ACA restart their partnership.